POPLAR VALLEY MUNICIPAL CEMETERY

(R.M. of Poplar Valley #12)  – (1930 to 2021)

This burial site, commonly known as Fife Lake Municipal Cemetery, is owned and maintained by the R.M. of Poplar Valley #12. It was surveyed between Oct 1st and Oct 3rd 1930, registered under the name Poplar Valley Municipal Cemetery, and the plan was examined and approved December 13, 1933.

The first interment at this site took place in 1933 and the most recent burial is likewise listed in the Master File.

The cemetery is situated about 1/4 mile south of the town of Fife Lake, Sk. – on the north side of Highway #18.

LAND LOCATION: on the SE ¼ of Sec. 5, Tp. 3, Rg. 28, W2nd, in the R.M. of Poplar Valley #12.

The cemetery is surrounded by a barbed-wire fence, and is accessed through a white metal gate at the main entrance. On the east border, and on the west border along the Highway, is a beautiful metal sign which reads: “Poplar

The records for this cemetery are kept by the Secretary of the R.M. of Poplar Valley #12, in Rockglen, Sk. Phone # 476-2062. They’re also accessible in albums at the Willow Bunch Museum and on the Internet at www.willowbunch.ca .

Those people listed in the Master File with “Yes” by the notation “Site Marker:”, have a headstone/marker and their burial spot was located. All other people have no known headstone/marker and their burial spot was not found.

All headstones in the cemetery were checked in person on December 29, 1997, by Gilles A. Bonneau. Afterward, Mr. Bonneau and his brother, Janvier C. Bonneau, painstakingly typed in all the particulars for each entry, with Gilles doing the final editing.

All names have been further checked against the cemetery register at the R.M. office, by Gilles A. Bonneau, for accuracy and to include those people without a headstone.