The Willow Bunch Museum occupies two floors of the Convent.
The corridors and rooms on each floor are packed full of artifacts organized as described below, but this is by no means a comprehensive inventory of our museum.
Room #1 - Giant Edouard Beaupré
--- This room, dedicated to the memory of Edouard Beaupré
and perhaps our most famous collection, contains a life size statue of the Giant, his original 9 foot long bed, many of his personal items (overcoat, shoes, baptismal record, etc.), and numerous photographs.
- Room #2 - Pioneers --- A large collection of artifacts dating back to the 1900's, a time before electricity.
- Room #3 - Chapel --- The original chapel of the convent. This room pays tribute to the Sisters of the Cross who founded our historic building. It also contains articles from the Catholic and United churches of the Willow Bunch area.
- Room #4 - Archives --- This room houses our research materials, history books and other publications. See the Archives page for more details.
First Floor Corridor
--- Display of Charles Skinner, one of the first Air Ambulance pilots in southern Saskatchewan. There are also other displays containing various artifacts from days before running water and electricity.
Room #9 - Homemaker's Room
--- Tools and appliances used by the women in their daily lives before the age of electricity, as well as clothing from the past.
- Room #5 First Habitants Room --- Exhibits of our first Métis settlers, Jean Louis Légaré and Sitting Bull are consolidated into one room to highlight a significant international event in our local and provincial history.
Room #6 - Tools & Technology Room
--- This room contains a wide assortment of old tools, displays highlighting the history of farming and ranching in Saskatchewan, and many artifacts showing the advancements in technology over the years.
- Room #6 B - NWMP/RCMP --- This small room is dedicated to the North West Mounted Police, including the jail cell originally used by the Willow Bunch RCMP.
- Room #8 - Hospital Room --- This room contains artifacts from the Willow Bunch Hospital.
Room #7 - School Room
--- This room is set up to represent the schools from the past.
- Second Floor Corridor --- Here you will find a display dedicated to our local Veterans, sports gear from the past, and a display containing artifacts from the Midland Clay mine that once existed in the Willow Bunch area.
Museum Entrance and Gift Shop
Special displays in the Basement Hall